"If a woman has [the right to abortion], why shouldn’t a man be free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman? At least the rapist’s pursuit of sexual freedom doesn’t result in anyone’s death."
-Something Maine lawmaker Lawrence Lockman actually said
i think my brain melted from all this stupidity
some people are just so stupid they’re dangerous
Well, a whole society convincing itself that some human beings aren’t actually people, and are thus disposable, is even more dangerously stupid, which is kind of the point of the original statement.
i think it’s a universal truth that everyone in our generation takes pluto’s losing its planetary status as a personal offense
pluto is smaller than russia. why did we ever even consider it a planet?
BECAUSE IT’S A PART OF OUR SOLAR SYSTEM
OHANA MEANS FAMILY
OHANA MEANS NO ONE IS LEFT BEHIND
"OH LOOK I FOUND A ROUND THING"
"But it’s really sma-"
"ROUND THING. I FOUND IT. PLANET."
Solution: make Pluto and all the other dwarf planets into for-real planets. MOAR PLANETS!!!
Reblog of you’re in the classic who fandom, I will follow you.
third doctor fashion sense appreciation
- 'dumb blonde' was literally the opposite of what they were trying to get across
- a lot of her character and story comes from her showing she’s much more than a ‘dumb blonde stereotype’ which is what the doctor basically regarded her as when they first met
- seriously so much of her plot is just devoted to showing just what a caring, selfless person she is
- to the point where she’s ready to give up her life without a second thought for the safety of others
- despite this, she /considers/ herself a ‘dumb blonde’ and there are occasional hints that she’s very conscious of what other people think of her
- she’s a major influence on three’s character and they make a point to show how she’s helped him develop into a friendlier and more hopeful character
- she’s funny
- she’s brave
- she’s optimistic in a very endearing way
- the episodes she’s in tend to be very fun and some of the most creative, in my opinion (the green death, carnival of monsters, terror of the autons, and the daemons, just to name a few)
- she’s a great foil to about every other character on the show
- going on that, her relations to the other characters (especially the doctor) add a lot to the episodes she’s in
- katy manning is a wonderful actor and she just shines in her portrayal of Jo
- I think she has one of the most well-acted, lovingly written, and just all around perfect departures the show has ever had
- her companion chronicles are some of the best and katy does the voices perfectly
- (rose isn’t a ‘dumb blonde stereotype’ either)
- She’s fab as hell
- don’t ever insult jo grant
- what show are you even watching